Pinnacle Pointe Hospital offers acute inpatient treatment for children and adolescents ages 5 to 17. Acute inpatient treatment is advised after an assessment is completed and our psychiatrist concludes that the patient’s condition cannot be safely or effectively treated on an outpatient basis. The program is a comprehensive therapeutic, intensive treatment led by a team of highly experienced mental health professionals including psychiatrists, case managers, clinical therapists, certified teachers, registered nurses and recreational therapists.
Acute inpatient care includes:
A therapeutic program with services provided by a multidisciplinary team of psychiatrists, case managers, licensed clinical therapists, certified teachers, registered nurses and certified recreational therapists.
- Individual/Group/Family therapy: to address issues that may compromise the child’s emotional health and/or safety.
- Educational Services: State Department of Education approved program is administered by licensed certified Special Education teacher and mental health professional. Fully approved school, K-12. Located on-site, the school focuses on preparing the child academically and behaviorally to return to his/her public school or an alternative setting.
- Recreational Therapy: Certified recreational therapists deliver seven days/week program consisting of group and individual activities designed to develop coping skills necessary to function within a community.
- Discharge Planning: Assist patient and family in a referral for follow-up treatment. Information on community resources are available to maximize and support post-discharge.
- Financial Counseling: We accept Tricare®, most Commercial Insurances and Medicaid. Payment options are available if needed.
Advantages of acute inpatient hospitalization:
- 24-hour nursing observation
- Daily interventions and oversight by a psychiatrist
- Intensive treatment by a physician-led team of mental health professionals
- Safe, controlled and structured environment
- Medication and psychotherapy both used as appropriate
- Approved school program available
- Daily therapeutic programming, seven days a week
The goal of acute inpatient treatment is to stabilize a patient’s symptoms to allow for the smoothest transition to a healthier life.
View our list of what to bring
“TRICARE” is a registered trademark of the TRICARE Management Activity. All rights reserved.